- Full service immigration law firm
- Located in the heart of Downtown Winnipeg
- Over 20 years of experience
- Licensed under the Manitoba Law Society
- Experienced in Provincial Nominee Programs and all types of immigration applications whether temporary or permanent.
- Offices in Canada and the Philippines
- Services to large and small corporations as well as representation to many individuals from a vast array of cultural and religious backgrounds
- Guest lecturer to many not for profit and legal associations across North America such as: Manitoba Bar Association and Canadian Bar Association, Law Society of Upper Canada and Law Society of Manitoba as well as various local and radio talk shows
David H. Davis
Over 20 years of dedicated experience and licensed under the Manitoba Law Society.
1982-1985 University of Manitoba Faculty of Arts, Winnipeg, MB – Bachelor of Arts Degree with Major in Political Science and Minor in History
1985-1988 University of British Columbia , Vancouver , BC – Bachelor of Laws Degree
1988-1989 Articled to the law firm of Walsh Micay & Company and received Call to the Manitoba Bar in June, 1989
- Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Past Chair of the Manitoba Immigration Law Section: accomplished the creation of a constitution to ensure parity amongst immigration lawyers in Manitoba;
- Past member of the National Executive of the Canadian Bar Association for Immigration Lawyers across Canada
- Manitoba Chamber of Commerce ;
- Past member of American Immigration Lawyers Association both Canada and Minnesota/Dakotas Chapters: past and current mentor to other immigration lawyers, assisting with border issues and past and current executive member in the Canada chapter
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business
- Hong Kong Canada Business Association
- Italian Chamber of Commerce in Winnipeg
- Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce
- Past Board Member with Knowles Centre for 10 years; and,
- Employment Project of Winnipeg for 3 years
- Plus many other not-for-profit organizations over the span of David’s legal career
Trial Court And Appellate Experience & Government Matters
- All criminal courts representing accused persons in criminal cases
- Federal court trial division and federal court of appeal
- Supreme Court of Canada
- Manitoba Court of Appeal
- Immigration admissibility hearings
- Immigration and Refugee Board Appeal Division
- Citizenship court
- Appearances before Immigration and Citizenship subcommittees in both the House of Commons and the Senate in the federal government of Canada in Ottawa , Ontario
April joined Davis Immigration Law Office (DILO) in October, 2009 having worked in the customer service sector for over 5 years. She received her training in the legal administration field and has an extensive background assisting and supporting our clients in Canada and internationally on immigration issues.
April is the office’s Immigration Case Manager, some key components of her work involve working on a variety of immigration applications which among others include Spousal Sponsorships, Labour Market Opinions, Student Visas and Permits, the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program, Work Permits, Permanent Residence, and Humanitarian & Compassionate applications.
April also serves as a Commissioner of Oaths and is fluent in English and Tagalog. Given her appreciation for living and working in multicultural environments, April enjoys providing service to a diverse clientele at DILO and also having the opportunity to help our clients realise a successful and progressive resettlement journey in Canada.
Mavis joined DILO as a part-time staff member in August 2012. She recently completed her Doctoral studies in Peace and Conflict Studies at the University of Manitoba. Her responsibilities at DILO involve legal research and work on clients’ immigration applications such as humanitarian compassionate and refugee claimants’ applications.
Mavis has a Master’s degree in International Policy Studies from the Monterey Institute of International Studies and a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from the Luther College. She has previous work experience in the areas of human rights, peace building and refugee assistance.
Rose-Ann became a staff member at DILO in March 2013. She is trained in business administration and has extensive work experience in sales and customer relations. At DILO she provides administrative support and also assists with work permits and permanent residency applications. Rose-Ann is fluent in English and Tagalog.
Maricris joined Davis Immigration Law Office in April 2013 as a Legal Assistant. She works directly with DILO clientele on work permits, study permits, MB PNP, Canadian citizenship and permanent residency applications. Prior to joining DILO, Maricris worked in the sales and customer service sector.
Daphne has over 30 years of experience in the accounting field. She has worked at DILO since July 2009. In her role she oversees the office’s accounting and finance administration.
Investment and Migration Agency Vietnam (IMA VIETNAM)
IMA Vietnam is Davis Laws Immigration partner in Vietnam. IMA Vietnam can, in conjunction with Davis Laws, deal with all clients’ works inside Vietnam.