Davis Immigration Law Office is committed to the privacy of all information referred to in this website. All users of the www.daviddavislaw.com website are protected by the guidelines established by the Law Society of Manitoba.
Davis Immigration Law Office
Information Collection and Use
For each visitor to the website, the web server automatically recognizes no information regarding the domain or email address.
The information collected is:
- Used to improve the content of the www.daviddavislaw.com website
- Used to notify visitors about updates to the www.daviddavislaw.com website
- Never shared with other organizations for commercial purposes; Davis Immigration Law Office will not collect the information transferred from visitors for profit or email listings.
All information that is supplied by the visitor, by means of the Confidential Assessment Questionnaire, is confidential. All practices of confidentiality are strictly adhered to, based on the Law Society of Manitoba guidelines. For more information on the Law Society of Manitoba's confidentiality standards, please see http://www.lawsociety.mb.ca/pubdocs/ethics_newtech.pdf Part 3.
By completing the questionnaire and/or contacting Davis Immigration Law Office via email, phone or fax, you agree to the terms and conditions established and maintained by Davis Immigration Law Office for the purposes previously listed.
Davis Immigration Law Office does not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from children under the age of 13. In addition, no part of our site is designed with the purpose of attracting any person under age 13.
Protecting Personal Information
We understand the importance of protecting personal information. For that reason, we have taken the following steps:
- Paper information is either under supervision or secured in a locked or restricted area.
- Electronic hardware is either under supervision or secured in a locked or restricted area at all times. In addition, passwords are used on all computers.
- Paper information is transmitted through sealed, addressed envelopes or boxes by reputable companies. All information that is delivered for clients is tracked to the destination for security and confidentiality purposes.
- Electronic information is transmitted through a direct line or has identifiers removed or is encrypted.
Retention of Personal Information
Davis Immigration Law Office has a need to retain personal information from the clients/users to ensure that we can answer any questions you might have about the services provided and for our own accountability to external regulatory bodies. Davis Immigration Law Office does not intend to keep personal information in excess of 60 days after a visitor to the site has not retained Davis Immigration Law Office for legal issues, in order to protect your privacy.
What are “Cookies”?
How Stuff Works Website describes an internet cookie as: A piece of text that a web server can store on a user's hard disk. Cookies allow a website to store information on a user's machine and later retrieve it. The pieces of information are stored as name-value pairs.
(For the full explanation of data collection in ‘cookies', please visit: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/cookie1.htm)